You know me Readers, I aim to keep my Blog relevant. So with today’s headlines being filled with the horrors of all the “fake news” being propagated by persons on social media, I feel very strongly about my post today.
While packing up my house to move to Arizona and I came across this “newspaper” written, illustrated and published by my then 9 year old son.
Turns out Fake News is not new, nor was it invented by social media platforms. A strong case could be made that it was started by a nine year old Okie boy. It’s hard to make out, but the headlines of the day were:
- 3 Year Old Boy Bigger Than His Mother
- 63 Foot Long Shark Found in Hawaii Washed Up On Shore
- Dinosaur Found in Maine
- Godzilla Found Dead in Tokyo
- Dracula Found Dead in His Cascit
- Man Kill Himself to See What Its Like in Heaven.
Special note: My son could not afford an editor at the time.